- Easy per-site active content permissions management.
- The first and most powerful anti-XSS (cross-site scripting) filter available in a web browser.
- ClearClick, the one and only effective client-side protection against Clickjacking available on the client side.
- ABE (App Boundaries Enforcer), a true webapp firewall inside your mobile browser to protect your router and web applications against CSRF and DNS rebinding attacks.
- Click To Play (plugin a and audiovisual content is blocked until you click a placeholder)
- Full Protection (like “Classic Whitelist”, but all the embedded content is blocked until you click, even on trusted sites)
Talking about synchronization, you can already share your NoScript settings among your mobile devices (just check the “Enable Remote Sync” option), but you’ll need to wait for the aforementioned cross-device beta to include your PC in the synchronization pool.
Last but not least, NoScript 3 doesn’t require a browser restart on installation and updates, which means that hot fixes for new security threats can be deployed in a more effective, timely and convenient way.
And here we are: NoScript users can now bring to their smartphones and tablets the same secure browsing experience they enjoy on the desktop.
It’s not been easy, and there’s still a lot of work ahead to merge into the desktop version the many under the hood enhancements that this full rewrite of NoScript’s internals brought us as a welcome side effect, but this is probably the most important milestone in NoScript development since the XSS filter invention. So let’s celebrate and thank from the bottom of our heart the people who made it possible: the NLNet foundation which believed in this project since the beginning, and all those individuals, institutions and companies relying on and contributing back to NoScript.